This morning we had our last whale watching tour of 2010. Visibility wasn't the greatest, making it difficult to find animals. But we did manage to encounter a small group of our resident bottlenose dolphins, as well as a loggerhead turtle.
Todays encounter brings us to a total of 6 cetacean species for the month:
- sperm whales (Physeter macrocephalus)
- Pilot whales (Globicephala macrorhynchus)
- Risso's dolphins (Grampus griseus)
- Atlantic spotted dolphins (Stenella frontalis)
- Bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus)
- Common dolphins (Delphinus delphis)
Not bad considering we only had 5 tour during the month of December due to the unsettled weather and lower passanger numbers which is typical for this time of the year.