Monday, August 25, 2014

Into the world of dolphins

Today we entered the world of dolphins as we spent the day with common dolphins and bottlenose dolphins. No whales were around today but lots and lots of dolphins and devils rays. We had plenty of swimmers out there as well and we were lucky to swim with both dolphins and devils rays today. It is amazing to see a two meter ray gracefully fly through the water with minimum movement. We had several groups of both species out there so it was a day going from one group to the next to the next. Such typical Azorean summer "dolphin" sea.


Photos from today:

Bottlenose dolphins
  
Bottlenose dolphin

Bottlenose dolphin

Two skippers today!

One of many swimming boats out there today. A beautiful way to enter the world of wild dolphins


Aboard song of whales

Enjoying the coastal views of the way back

1 comment:

Jim Peters said...

Whale watching has become one of my most favorite things to do. I usually get up early in the morning so I can just be by myself. Sometimes I bring my wife with me. http://www.alaskawhalewatching.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...